Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ziggy1951
Reel Rookie

Each time I connect my Pixelbook to Wifi the roku looses it signal

Each time I connect my Pixelbook to Wifi the roku looses it signal. I have to turn off my Wifi on my PIxel book and then the Roku signal returns.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Each time I connect my Pixelbook to Wifi the roku looses it signal

@Ziggy1951

Thanks for the post.

This seems to be a wireless network related issue. What Roku model device are you using? Who is your ISP (internet service provider)? Have you tried changing your wireless network channel on the router?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ziggy1951
Reel Rookie

Model 3941X. Internet provider is Xfinity. I dont know how to change network channel. Could you explain how?

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

@Ziggy1951  If you lease the xFinity modem (gateway) they broadcast 2 signals. 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz. You can connect to both. That is what he was referring to. Which modem do you have?

0 Kudos
Ziggy1951
Reel Rookie

Own Netgear.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Ziggy1951 

"Model 3941X. Internet provider is Xfinity. I dont know how to change network channel. Could you explain how?" ..... "Own Netgear."

---

If you are still having issues, please post back your Router model numbers (sticker on bottom), and describe your network setup.  Since you have have Xfinity, wondering if you have both an Xfinity router/modem and the additional Netgear router. 

If you have the above setup, it may be an issue that both routers are acting as DHCP servers, and thus assigning the same LAN IP address to both your addresses resulting in disconnection of the first connected device.  In a simple, single network, only one router can act as a DHCP server.

With a little more info, can hopefully provide you some more detailed help.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos