Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Does Roku still support wired Ethernet Roku devices?

Jump to solution

My Roku that I’ve had for 2 years is wired directly to the Ethernet cable. Suddenly it says it can’t find the internet. The Ethernet cable & internet is fine. I don’t have WiFi. 
Do they still sell any that can have an Ethernet cable attached? If not if I purchase an older model on eBay, etc. will it be able to function? I ordered one from Amazon not realizing it was WiFi only and I cant use that. 
Thanks 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Does Roku still support wired Ethernet Roku devices?

Jump to solution

Did your Roku recently update to Software version 9.3 (Settings->System->About)?  The only non-TV Roku that has an Ethernet port is the Ultra.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Jump to solution

Did your Roku recently update to Software version 9.3 (Settings->System->About)?  The only non-TV Roku that has an Ethernet port is the Ultra.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I’m not sure if it did that update. I’ll check. If the Ultra supports it I might need to purchase that one. Thanks 

0 Kudos