Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Does Roku still support wired Ethernet Roku devices?

Jump to solution

My Roku that I’ve had for 2 years is wired directly to the Ethernet cable. Suddenly it says it can’t find the internet. The Ethernet cable & internet is fine. I don’t have WiFi. 
Do they still sell any that can have an Ethernet cable attached? If not if I purchase an older model on eBay, etc. will it be able to function? I ordered one from Amazon not realizing it was WiFi only and I cant use that. 
Thanks 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Level 21

Re: Does Roku still support wired Ethernet Roku devices?

Jump to solution

Did your Roku recently update to Software version 9.3 (Settings->System->About)?  The only non-TV Roku that has an Ethernet port is the Ultra.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Level 21

Jump to solution

Did your Roku recently update to Software version 9.3 (Settings->System->About)?  The only non-TV Roku that has an Ethernet port is the Ultra.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

I’m not sure if it did that update. I’ll check. If the Ultra supports it I might need to purchase that one. Thanks 

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

All the Rokus with an Ethernet port.

Roku Ultra (4800)
Roku Ultra (4670)
Roku Ultra LT (4662)
Roku Ultra (4661)
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Ultra (4640)
Roku Premiere+ (4630)
Roku 4 (4400)
Roku 3 (4230)
Roku 3 (4200)
Roku 2 (4210)
Roku 2 (4120)
Roku 2 Xs (3100)
Roku XDS (2100)
Roku XD (2050)
Roku HD (2000)
Roku DVP (N1000)
Roku SD (N1050)
Roku HD (N110)
Roku HD-XR (N1101)

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

Yes, Buy a Roku Ultra...I have the 4670R and it is connected via Ethernet cable.

@Delaney12 wrote:

My Roku that I’ve had for 2 years is wired directly to the Ethernet cable. Suddenly it says it can’t find the internet. The Ethernet cable & internet is fine. I don’t have WiFi. 
Do they still sell any that can have an Ethernet cable attached? If not if I purchase an older model on eBay, etc. will it be able to function? I ordered one from Amazon not realizing it was WiFi only and I cant use that. 
Thanks 

0 Kudos