Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbodio

How to cast Oculus Quest to my Roku TV or streaming player

One of the features of Oculus Quest is the ability to cast what the user is seeing in VR to another device like a phone or a TV via Google Chromecast. I want to add this to another TV in my house and am trying to decide between upgrading my old Roku to the Roku Ultra or buying a new Google Chromecast.

I'd rather stick with Roku, but really need the ability to support casting (beyond just Netflix and YouTube). Anyone know if this is or will be supported with the Ultra?

9 REPLIES 9
Trishjoyi
Reel Rookie

Re: How to cast Oculus Quest to my Roku TV or streaming player

Was this question answered? How do I cast my oculus 2 to the roku?

Renegade_Azzy
Reel Rookie

According to reddit, there is no easy way to do it. Since there is no web browser, not dedicated app, you have to do other streaming workarounds.

kstrike155
Reel Rookie

You could cast to your phone, and then screen mirror your phone to the Roku. This also works on iOS now that many Roku devices support AirPlay.

Trishjoyi
Reel Rookie

How do you screen mirror your phone on the Roku?

i have an iPhone. 

0 Kudos
kstrike155
Reel Rookie

Make sure you have a compatible Roku device and have set up AirPlay on your Roku. Then just screen mirror as you normally would.

Other resources you might find helpful:

Wolfpaw909

What if you don't have an iphone

0 Kudos
kstrike155
Reel Rookie

The same process would theoretically work on Android.

0 Kudos
pacopike1

Screen Mirror is done from the control screen, swipe up from the main screen (you'll see things like your flash light etc...), there are two overlapping windows/screens, that button is the screen mirror. It will bring up a list of available devices. You should see your roku device there. Make its setup from your roku, it's under settings-->Apple Airplay and Homekit--> Make sure airplay is on. I setup mine to require a one time code. As long as that is setup it will broadcast your iphone screen to the tv. From their launch the Oculus app and cast there. Bingo!!! It sounds like more than it is. It's really easy.  

0 Kudos
rperkin417

how to stream Oculus 2 to ONN Roku TV

helllo. 
We have an Oculus 2 and A ONN Roku tv. For some reason it is not allowing us to cast to the tv. Any suggestions ?

0 Kudos