Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Do Roku boxes “go bad” on old Roku 2 2720x

Just wondering if Roku boxes can go bad, I’m having connection issues with the Roku recognizing the WiFi in the house, and it just seems to have happened all of a sudden, all other devices recognize the network. It’s an old Roku 2 2720x series, I can’t get to the home screen all that keeps bopping around is the clock, the original controller has since passed and I have been using a tablet or phone with the controller app to switch channels, and that worked fine till a few days ago, any suggestions would be appreciated.

4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Do Roku boxes “go bad” on old Roku 2 2720x

I have the same issue...  I did try to set it to factory default, but now I cannot set it up at all due to the fact it cannot connect my wifi….

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Does this mean Roku doesn't answer questions here? I'm having the same problem. I just upgraded the modem to match the speeds from my ISP. The router is powerful enough for a house 3X the size. Roku still suddenly drops (but only for Amazon Prime Video and Hulu; not for Pandora). In an attempt to reconnect the Roku, either it connects again or it says it connected to the Wifi but not to the Internet.

If Roku will simply tell their customers the signs that a Roku needs to be replaced, that would be....well....customer-centric behavior.

Highlighted
Level 7

@Stitching-b wrote:

Just wondering if Roku boxes can go bad, I’m having connection issues with the Roku recognizing the WiFi in the house, and it just seems to have happened all of a sudden, all other devices recognize the network. It’s an old Roku 2 2720x series, I can’t get to the home screen all that keeps bopping around is the clock, the original controller has since passed and I have been using a tablet or phone with the controller app to switch channels, and that worked fine till a few days ago, any suggestions would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Did anybody answer or solve this?

0 Kudos