Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bondkatt

Do I need a 4k TV for a 4k roku stick?

Jump to solution

I have a 10 y.o. Sony Bravia HDTV which works beautifully. I'm shopping for my first Roku device and decided on the Streaming Stick 4k bc of the booth in WiFi strength/speed.

Will this work for a non-4k TV? The only Roku option that doesn't have 4k in the title is the express, and I'm not sure that will be sufficient.

Thank you.

(If this question has been posted before, I tried hard to find it using search but could not.)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Do I need a 4k TV for a 4k roku stick?

Jump to solution

You can use any 4k Roku device in a non-4k TV.  The TV has to support 720p or 1080p.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

You can use any 4k Roku device in a non-4k TV.  The TV has to support 720p or 1080p.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

There are also HDMI to A/V converters that support 4K input, but it’s only a couple of models.  Most HDMI to A/V converters only support the input up to 1080p and require a power supply.  There are also models that do not require a power supply, and only support up to 480p input.  The black compact ones are sold under the RadioShack, Steren and RCA/Voxx brands; there is also a longer feet model sold under the iSimple brand, which is specifically for Apple and Google computer devices.  iSimple is an accessories sub-brand of AAMP Global (formerly AAMP America), which is not related to Apple Inc. in any shape or form as far as I know.
~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X