Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alex47

Discontinuing Dish satellite service

Has anyone discontinued their satellite service. Have Dish and would like some input on how to go about doing this

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Discontinuing Dish satellite service

Really has nothing to do with Roku. The only answer we can give is that you may lose access to some Roku channels if they are tied to a cable/satellite subscription.

0 Kudos
Stanley37
Reel Rookie

I just discontinued dish and am trying to re-setup ruko/4k express on my JVC.  Is there any way to have it display everything in channel numbers? I want shows to be grouped by subject (i.e. cooking, home improvement, nature, etc...) and be numbered. Do I have to turn back to Factory Settings to accomplish this since it originally was setup with dish on hdmi1 and ruko on hdmi2.  Please advise.  On my LG tv Ruko put a lot of channels on my numerically and left the reat under the home page.

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking.  You can just leave the Roku in HDMI2 if you like and leave HDMI1 open for future things, or unplug and move it.  (This should basically be a non-event – just a question of which input you use to see the Roku.)

Rokus don’t really have channel numbers.  (Although some Roku channels – what many would call apps – have multiple numbered channels within them.)  Or maybe you mean over-the-air channels? A Roku Express wouldn't know anything about over-the-air channels – that would be a function of the TV.  And how the TV presents them will vary from one brand to another.

0 Kudos
Stanley37
Reel Rookie

Thanks, that makes since.  The LG tv I have pulls in shows from the internet and ruko  and assigns them a number from 100 to 999 and tries to group them by category on/under hdmi1.  If the tv logic can't do that, it leaves it where it originates.  For my Ruko, that's HDMI2.  Thanks for the help, saves me a lot of time and trouble. 

0 Kudos
Stanley37
Reel Rookie

Can two tv's work off one 4k express? They both were governed by DISH.

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

No.  (But 2 or more Rokus can be on the same Roku account.)

0 Kudos