Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Disconnect Roku From Internet

Jump to solution

How do I disconnect my roku from the Internet? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Disconnect Roku From Internet

Jump to solution

@Kyree93 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Can you please clarify what you are trying to do with your Roku disconnected from the internet?

If you would like the Roku not connected to the internet between uses, we would recommend simply unplugging your device power source. However, if you would like to completely remove the internet from your Roku device, we would recommend performing a factory reset on your device.

For more information on how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Kyree93 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Can you please clarify what you are trying to do with your Roku disconnected from the internet?

If you would like the Roku not connected to the internet between uses, we would recommend simply unplugging your device power source. However, if you would like to completely remove the internet from your Roku device, we would recommend performing a factory reset on your device.

For more information on how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11

Jump to solution

Or, if you want it disconnected during periods of the day or night, make that setting in your router. Its like the parental control to not allow kids devices online at bedtime etc.

"I might be moving to Montana soon..."
FZ
0 Kudos