Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Disable WiFi

It is  sad to see so many people who are so totally brainwashed that they do not recognize the danger of wifi and do not recognize that it can be mitigated and usually is with people in the know.  I too have EVERYTHING hardwired in and do not have wifi in my home.  A place for restoration , relaxation and regeneration...which DOES NOT happen for the body in a field of pulsing WIFI.  May I suggest (similiar to gaming devices to wire in your unit and wrap it with shielding cloth.  I have done that with my gaming consoles successfully and I too measure the levels.

Good Luck!

Highlighted
Level 7

Your link no longer works. Could you verify and repost please?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Yes, just simply remove the back panel and unplug the small cable connected to the WiFi unit. I also get extreme headaches when near EMF from cell towers, routers, microwave ovens, cell phones and most any WiFi device. I even use a lightning to Ethernet adapter for my iPhone. Just purchase an inexpensive EMF meter and test you environment. Maybe you will worry as I do about blanketing the entire planet with 5 GHz microwaves!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Thank you! 

Is it easy to find that little wire that connects to the wifi? Do I need a schematic? 

I am like you reacting to everything. I have an Acousticom which is what opened my eyes to all the dangerous frequencies around us. We don’t use our cell phones (they are turned off most of the time) and use an ethernet connection. We have no wifi in our home anymore. 

Again I thank you. I would love to be able to use our roku device again.

Martha

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

It was easy to disconnect my TV's from wifi, although I did it a while ago and don't remember how I knew which to disconnect.  I know that they were marked, I think one actually said wifi, and one has the little wifi emblem.  But once you find it, you just unplug it.

If the TV also has bluetooth, mine don't, some have the bluetooth and wifi module together and some are separate.  And you might run into the problem of having to buy another remote.  I didn't because all of my smart TV's are wifi only.

I'd take the back off of the TV and look around, if you can't find it, the TV manufacturer should be able to help you.

As far as Roku goes, I use my Roku Ultra now and it doesn't emit any RF at all.  I have the Acousticom 2.

I bought an IR remote instead of using the RF remote that came with it.  Even the RF remotes emit because they're constantly trying to connect to the Roku.
I can't use the voice feature but I'm fine with that.
When you first set it up, don't go through the process of connecting to wifi, just use ethernet connection.
Also, since you're using an IR remote, you don't need to pair it with the Roku, it'll work automatically.
And go to Settings, System, Advanced System Settings and make sure that DISABLE Device Connect is checked.
It sure would be nice if they'd make it easier for those of us, and there are plenty, to stay away from wifi, but at least this option works great.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Double post.

0 Kudos