Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hildeiv
Level 8

Re: Disable WiFi

@mindgazer wrote:
"Waverly8940" wrote:
Is there a way to disable Wifi ?  
The unit I have is TCL roku 32s3750

Yes, it's actually quite easy, worked for me.  I opted for disabling the entire WiFi module... check out this link: http://nowifi.life/blog/how-to-disable-wifi-on-tcl-roku-enabled-tvs/

hat link I got this. I don't feel safe downloading it. This does not explain how you disabled the WI-fi

Your machine is currently running: Linux x86_64
Theme Buddy is compatible with your op...

0 Kudos
walt3k
Level 8

AFAIK based on meter readings, Wifi is disabled (not emitted) from my Roku if I

1. Connect the Roku with a wired connection

2. Disable the Device Connect (new menu option, see my recent post) in the System Menu

I am 100% certain no Wifi radios are active if I do this.... so isn't Wifi "disabled??"  Why remove the module?

0 Kudos
mydiane
Level 9

The Ultra emits no RF at all?

0 Kudos
MartyPA
Level 9

No it doesn't, not when you do what I said in a previous post which I'll copy and paste here:

As far as Roku goes, I use my Roku Ultra now and it doesn't emit any RF at all.  I have the Acousticom 2 meter so I know that for a fact.

I bought a Roku IR remote instead of using the RF remote that came with it.  Even the RF remotes emit because they're constantly trying to connect to the Roku.
I can't use the voice feature but I'm fine with that.
When you first set it up, don't go through the process of connecting to wifi, just use ethernet connection.
Also, since you're using an IR remote, you don't need to pair it with the Roku, it'll work automatically.
And go to Settings, System, Advanced System Settings and make sure that DISABLE Device Connect is checked.

0 Kudos
mydiane
Level 9

Thank you, MartyPA. I already have the IR remote but need the Ultra Roku now. I will see if amazon has it. -Martha

0 Kudos
mydiane
Level 9

@MartyPA wrote:

No it doesn't, not when you do what I said in a previous post which I'll copy and paste here:

As far as Roku goes, I use my Roku Ultra now and it doesn't emit any RF at all.  I have the Acousticom 2 meter so I know that for a fact.

I bought a Roku IR remote instead of using the RF remote that came with it.  Even the RF remotes emit because they're constantly trying to connect to the Roku.
When you first set it up, don't go through the process of connecting to wifi, just use ethernet connection.
Also, since you're using an IR remote, you don't need to pair it with the Roku, it'll work automatically.
And go to Settings, System, Advanced System Settings and make sure that DISABLE Device Connect is checked.

Is this the right one, Marty? 

0 Kudos
mydiane
Level 9

@MartyPA wrote:

I posted a photo of the roku ultra to see if it is the right one but the photo didn't post so here is the link. https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B08G9TJWW9/?coliid=IJ7EZZB1GEY71&colid=32WG49SGVJ3HR&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_li... 

0 Kudos
MartyPA
Level 9

Yes, that's it.  Its on sale everywhere now, best buy, walmart, etc.  Regular $99 on sale for $69. 

0 Kudos
mydiane
Level 9

@MartyPA wrote:

Yes, that's it.  Its on sale everywhere now, best buy, walmart, etc.  Regular $99 on sale for $69. 

Thank you so so much!!!!! I appreciate your help. Martha

0 Kudos
ADR1979
Level 8

Hi, I'm a little late to the party but looking for the same thing...Roku without any wifi transmitting from the device. I see that I need the ultra model and I have the link for that. Now I'm wondering how I get a strictly IR remote (assuming that this version comes with the RF remote). I poked around a little but not founding anything that clearly states it's IR only. Thanks, Adam

0 Kudos