Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Direct Roku wifi password

Jump to solution
My new internet provider is poor at best and that goes for the strength of the connection. Tonight for the first time when looking for a wifi connection DIRECT-roku-E23....came up for the first time. The connection appears to be 100% where can I get The password for this. Someone help please
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Direct Roku wifi password

Jump to solution

Hi there, 

Thanks for the question. That is not a network that you can connect to and does not provide an internet connection. That is an SSID that is established for communication between your Roku device and any paired, wireless point anywhere Roku remote.  Hope that helps! 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

Hi there, 

Thanks for the question. That is not a network that you can connect to and does not provide an internet connection. That is an SSID that is established for communication between your Roku device and any paired, wireless point anywhere Roku remote.  Hope that helps! 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I forgot my password

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Why would it say Roku direct then?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution

So you know it's for its Wi-Fi direct connection, not for anything else.

0 Kudos
Level 16

Jump to solution
Wifi-direct is a direct connection between two devices. It's as though you had a wire connecting the remote and the Roku. It does not involve the wifi network on your router so you can not connect to the internet through it.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Podria conectarme desde el celular a esa red para usar la aplicación roku? Se desconfiguro el roku y el control esta dañado que puedo hacer p ppr wifi directo? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Forgot password. Help

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Okay I'm up on what it's for casting photos, videos or using my tablet as a remote. Still it requires a password, which I have forgotten. How do I reset the password the Wi-Fi direct roku connection?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution
You're trying to log into the wifi direct connection as though it were a network, but that's not how you establish a wifi direct connection.

This connection is established when you PAIR the specific remote to the specific Roku device - you don't enter a password in this process.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos