Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
clh42
Reel Rookie

Direct Roku wifi password, part 2

Jump to solution

I did see this old post on this similar topic but it did not address my specific issue.

I do understand full well what the DIRECT-roku wi-fi network is intended for, i.e., for setup, and that is exactly what I need it for.

I'm traveling and brought my Roku but forgot the remote.  I have the remote app on my phone but that doesn't work until the phone and Roku are on the same network.

Is there any way to determine the DIRECT-roku wifi password without being able to pull up the settings on the Roku, since I don't have the remote?  Or any other workaround for this?  Or am I just screwed?

Tags (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Jhanna

Re: Direct Roku wifi password, part 2

Jump to solution

Have to be on same network and you can’t change the tv till it is. What I have done on the past is turn on your phone hotspot and rename it the same as your home wi-fi, same goes for password you should be able to connect your tv then and be able to change it. Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

clh42
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

BRILLIANT! Thank you!! I carry a small travel router to link everything while traveling so I just set its SSID & pw back to normal home ones and it worked like a charm!  I had kept my travel router as a different SSID just so it would never conflict if I did try to run it at home, but I think I'll just let it keep the same SSID & pw as home from now on so I don't have to reconfigure my phone and the roku wi-fi every time.

Thanks again!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Jhanna

Jump to solution

Have to be on same network and you can’t change the tv till it is. What I have done on the past is turn on your phone hotspot and rename it the same as your home wi-fi, same goes for password you should be able to connect your tv then and be able to change it. Hope this helps.

clh42
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

BRILLIANT! Thank you!! I carry a small travel router to link everything while traveling so I just set its SSID & pw back to normal home ones and it worked like a charm!  I had kept my travel router as a different SSID just so it would never conflict if I did try to run it at home, but I think I'll just let it keep the same SSID & pw as home from now on so I don't have to reconfigure my phone and the roku wi-fi every time.

Thanks again!

anncootey

Jump to solution

where do i put the password in

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @anncootey

Thanks for your post. 

To help us identify the issue and provide you with the best possible assistance, could you please provide a little bit more detail? For example, have you received any error messages? Walk us through the process and when did the issue occur?

Any additional information would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos