Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
King1
Level 7

Direct Roku not Visible

So I’m in college trying to connect to WiFi. I know exactly how to do it since I’ve done it before. My tv worked fine for a while but now it won’t connect to the WiFi. Once I get to the prompt that has me go to another device to connect to Direct-roku on that devices WiFi setting, the DIRECT-roku isn’t there and when it is there it says unable to join. My tv has device connect enabled. And my other tv works just fine so I don’t know what the problem is. The tv is registered with the school too.

28 Replies
Nielsen_k
Level 7

Re: Direct Roku not Visible

I have the EXACT same problem. I tried a factory reset and it work during the initial start up but because my apartment/dorm wifi has to reconnect every 2 days it won't show up on my phone again 🙃. And I'm not going through a system reset everytime I want to watch tv.

0 Kudos
Brad8233
Level 7

I am having the exact same issue. Since that tab looks different now, it messed up the normal way to connect to the college network. It work perfectly fine before they updated that tab. They need to respond to this issue ASAP!

0 Kudos
Kiserjl4321
Level 7

I’m having same issue. Now the screen where it says connect on another device has changed colors. I can’t see the direct Roku on laptop either. Anyone know a simple fix?

0 Kudos
Brad8233
Level 7

Yes. Go to the settings and do a factory reset. It will take a few minutes, but it works. You will also have everything returned the way it was before. 

0 Kudos
Nielsen_k
Level 7

I've done that but the issue is, at least for me, my dorm wifi logs you out every 48 hours and requires you to re-register your device. After the initial setup the issue recurs again which means every 48 hours you have to do a factory reset, which isn't worth it or okay..

Idollaz
Level 8

I’m having that same problem which my ROKU worked just fine since I’ve been in my dorm. And suddenly the DIRECT-ROKU won’t show up in my phones wifi. So annoying. 

kip21
Level 7

Just chiming in to say that I am having this exact problem as well. Factory reset temporarily fixes the problem, but since I must reconnect to the dorm network often, this is not a sustainable solution. Hopefully this can be resolved soon as it doesn't seem like an isolated issue

0 Kudos
dragon41
Level 8

Same here  THE EXACT PROBLEM!!!!! They need to fix this or something. It was fine for a few months, I had to reconnect few times but ther was no issue, all of a sudden when I need to reconnect to the internet  THE DIRECT ROKU connection is not popping up!!! It only pops up when im not trying to connect to it?!?!! It disappears when I try to do a direct roku connection!!!

Idollaz
Level 8

They definitely need to look into this 

0 Kudos