Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Device will not activate

Everything was working fine yesterday.   Now my tv screen is black and get the message device is not on.  According to my cable/internet provider I  do not have router, internet or cable service issues. We rebooted the router too.   Roku will not come on the screen to access settings.  I’ve unplugged, held the reset button, still nothing!  There is no Roku phone support and I don’t want to buy a new one.  My mobile app is showing the living room device has no internet connection.  What is wrong?  HELP!!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Device will not activate

I'm having issues as well. My Roku player keeps cycling through the loading screen. I've rebooted the device, my router, checked all connections.

Was there an update overnight? Could that have mucked with our devices?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Device will not activate

Neither of you say what device you have.  Tell us the model number which should be written on it somewhere.  If it's one that uses a USB power supply, try a different one. especially if you have it powered from the TV's USB port.

0 Kudos