Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
docsaba
Level 8

Re: Device wifi not working

I have both a 4200X and a 3200X - both are doing the same thing. I have 46 MBPS upload and 5 download and the unit is literally right next to my internet.  It tells me to check internet, it gives me two green check marks then when I go to next step it says check internet. 

0 Kudos
docsaba
Level 8

I have tried both wireless and wired.  Same thing.  I made the mistake of trying to go to factory settings and now I am stuck in an endless loop of it telling me there is no internet, checking the internet and telling it has internet and then going to the next step and saying I can't do that because there is no internet.  Both my computer and phone work great  - there is something wrong in the software. 

0 Kudos
jdd329
Level 8

Aug. 14. 2020: Last night (for reasons I cannot explain), my Roku wifi started working properly again.

I did NOTHING except turn the television on.  Same HDMI, same modem/router, same ISP, same TV, everything was exactly the same as previously when it would not work, however last night the wifi was fine. 

I just checked again this morning, and again, it was working. 

I have no explanation why it stopped before (obviously), and have no explanation why now it's working again....but it is. 

So as of now, the problem solved itself. 

I hope others on this thread have had a similar experience. 

0 Kudos
shausser
Level 7

Hopefully it will magically transpire for me because I am at the point of giving up! 

0 Kudos
jdd329
Level 8

As of Aug. 15, 2020, in the evening, the Roku is again not working. 

It worked yesterday; worked this morning.  Now we're back to where we were before. 

It says it's connected via wifi and it isn't. 

All I want here is an answer: Is this Roku's way of making me buy a new one?  Has Roku just decided to screw anyone who has an older device and this is their way of making $$$? 

0 Kudos
Bubblebrat22
Level 7

Hi my ruko was working just fine then I set up a new ruko tv and setup internet then the one in my room stop working and I put in the correct password for the internet but it's not letting hook up any suggestions

0 Kudos
User716
Level 7

I just brought a new Roku yesterday to replace an old one. and now it is not screen sharing.

This is evil that no one addresses this issue.

Many comments here reflect the same issue with the recent update 9.3. 

Maybe its an issue for a class action suit.as there seems to be no fix forthcoming.

0 Kudos
User716
Level 7

Bought a new one yesterday stopped working this afternoon.

0 Kudos
Flieg
Level 8

My device just up and stopped.

Roku Premiere   Ser. No. YH00FL796992   Installed -- 4/24/2020

It was playing, then it just up and stopped and will not connect to the Wi-Fi  that is sitting right next to it. It sees the WIFI and the signal strength is high. Have done the manual and power cycle reboots, and re-entered the password for the wifi.  Smiley Tongue

0 Kudos
Haackeg
Level 7

Hi there!  

Our Roku Was working fine during the day, but tonight it cannot connect to the wifi. Help?

0 Kudos