Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KodaBantana
Level 8

Re: Device wifi not working

I agree. I am having the same issue. My wifi signal is strong. I have a google nest mesh WiFi network and it’s connecting to WiFi with green check and gets to Internet and gives it a red x. I rebooted, reset network settings, etc. now it just won’t connect to the internet. I set up my WiFi router to use ISL DNS IL address. Still no luck.

0 Kudos
Flieg
Level 8

I had a similar problem a couple of days ago and it resolved when I undid the velcro I had used to mount it to the top of a BlueRay player, unplugged it and let it sit for several hours, until it was dead cold. I powered it up and it worked fine.

Not a real solution, in the sense that I know what is going on, but it is now dangling and working fine for two days.

Hypothesis: It doesn't want to be hot, and god knows there's a lot of hot going on right now.

0 Kudos
Kerriejenene
Level 7

Did you get the issue resolved? Wondering because the same issue is happening with me right now and I am wondering if it is just a timely thing that will work itself out after a couple of hours? Because nothing has worked 

0 Kudos
KodaBantana
Level 8

I did not resolve this. I unplugged it all night and let it cool off. I tried it again this morning and it will not connect to my WiFi. I’m about to dump Roku and go to Apple TV or Amazon Fire. It mysteriously just stopped working and was working just fine last week.

0 Kudos
JamieKlem
Level 7

There was a smart tv here where I rent that I used to watch YouTube.  Then The Tv went bad. I bought a Roku express to use with my Tv. But the wireless network that appears is different from the three that would show before. It shows Smart RG a570. And the wireless will not connect.  A neighbor has moved in nearby. Could his router be causing interference?

I used the same password as before.

0 Kudos