Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mlc8588
Level 7

Device keeps shutting down and disconnecting from Wi-Fi

I have 2 Roku on 2 separate TVs. The one in the den which is closer to my router keeps auto shutting off and then is disconnecting from the Wi-Fi once I power it back on and will not reconnect without resetting the Roku device. I have no issues with the Roku device in the other room. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Device keeps shutting down and disconnecting from Wi-Fi

How are you powering the problem Roku?  If you're using your TV's USB port try using the supplied power adapter.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Mlc8588
Level 7

I am using the supplied power cord plugged into the outlet and HDMI cord connected to the TV.  It happens randomly and the other Roku I have on another TV never does it.  Is there an issue with the actual Roku device?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Are they both the same model?  Can you swap just the two devices keeping the power supplies and cables with the TV?  It sounds like a defective device, but try to eliminate a problem cable or power adapter (or even TV incompatibility) as the issue.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos