Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Houston71313
Level 7

Re: Device keeps restarting

I have a Roku that's about 3 years old, did the software update about a month ago and it doesn't operate the same. Purchased a brand new roku express 2019 today, plugged it up connect the wifi then it prompted to update software. Did the update and now its dealing with the exact same overload, freeze up, and reset as if I unplugged it. My older model when I would unplugged it, the reset wouldn't take place. Bow both old and new are behaving in the same manner after the software update. We must report this to the company developers.

0 Kudos
Klpeake
Level 7

Same issue here with Roku Express got it for Xmas, hooked it up near end of Jan to a TV that only gets used about 1-2 every 6 weeks and is only used for Netflix, Hulu and Prime.  Didn't have a problem till 6/17/20 watching a Prime show.  I just installed new Google nest mesh wifi system 2 weeks prior to this starting and the Roku is about 20' away from the access point, so I doubt it's a wifi connectivity issue, plus the previous router was on the other end of the house and I never had any issues.  I've swapped out the HDMI cable, did a factory reset and it did not fix it.  

0 Kudos
capamerica3232
Level 7

Same issues as of the last few days like everyone else. I try to watch the travel channel app plays for a bit and it don't freeze.screen goes black and reboots its self. Did it also while watching Netflix. So it has to be a software update.

0 Kudos
Tomm1966
Level 7

What's up Roku? The Prime Video app makes it reboot constantly. Other apps run better. How is this a hardware issue? Why are you ignoring this problem?

Atms256
Level 7

Mines started this two days ago and I’ve literally have tried everything! I did the reset and every time I click English it resets itself 

0 Kudos
MMJax
Level 8

I have Roku 1 that I updated about a month ago. It is having this same problem of restarting itself and getting stuck at the Roku logo. I noticed the unit is very hot even when not streaming anything. I put a frozen ACE bandage sleeve under it to cool it down and it worked. Put the bandage back in the freezer this morning. My husband just had the Roku unit lock up and reboot again a few minutes ago. Pulled the bandage out of the freezer again and put it under the unit and it's working. Never had this problem at all before the latest update. 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Atms256
Level 7

Any update on this issue??  Every time I try to link my device it’ll get to the last step start the download and restart back to the bouncing ROKU logo please help!

0 Kudos
Dtebs
Level 7

Same issue.  Restarts, factory reset done, new hdmi and power cables.  

0 Kudos
Grammies
Level 7

I have the same HDMI set-up and had the same problems. I was able to go into Settings and set the buffer to the longest and have had no problems since. Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
FreedomLancer
Level 7

Same issue here. Just started tonight.

0 Kudos