Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Device keeps restarting

Never had an issue with my Roku express since I purchased it in 2017, until today. I went to turn on my TV and Roku wont load. It keeps restarting itself and wont go past the Roku screen. Ive checked all connections including my WiFi and even hit the restart button. How can this be resolved? Since i cant get a hold of customer service .

0 Kudos
16 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Device keeps restarting

@SweetVLee Thanks for the note here. You might try using a new power supply and USB cable to power your device. 

If that still isn't working, the next step would be to try performing a factory reset on your device. You can see the steps for doing this here: https://support.roku.com/article/208757008-how-do-i-factory-reset-my-roku-streaming-device-

Keep us posted from there! 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

@RokuTannerD Thanks, I did try a new power source and HDMI cord and on a different TV and received the same. I ended up doing a factory reset and now 2 weeks later its doing it again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

@SweetVLee Thanks for following up. The next thing we would recommend would be to replace the micro-USB cable that you are using to connect your device to the wall power adapter. Cable issues may cause the type of behavior that you described. You may need to try a couple different micro-USB cables in order to find one that helps eliminate the issue. 

Keep us posted from there if you need additional help. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Please help! My roku express keeps restarting when i scroll down to any channels and even when going to the channel store. Secondly, amazon prime is launched but every time i clicked on the app it restarts immediately. Can’t hold of anybody to ask for help. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I’m having the same issue, any app I open shuts down after 15 seconds and reboots. Changed the cables and factory reset - only had this for 2 months :-( help us please!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

How are you powering the device?  If you're not using the supplied power adapter, try that.  If you are, try using one from a phone or tablet.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Tried that also - lasts 7 minutes rather than 15 seconds that way! Still continues to cut off on whatever app I’m on. Ahhh! 

Highlighted
Level 7

You guys keep giving people the same answers implying that it may have something to do with power or cords which is not the case it’s the device and software itself and you guys won’t answer or reply late this is not good business at all and when people realize this about your products it will be to late 

Highlighted
Level 7

My problems just started today (June 16).  Was there some update that you performed?

My stick plugs directly into TV HDMI slot. Have tried different slots. Have tried different cables.

Please help.

0 Kudos