Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Krista7
Level 7

Re: Device keeps restarting

It could very well be a heat issue. Just weird though. Hmm well it doesn’t seem to be the roku itself I don’t think If it works with your other tv. Hmm have you tried talking with someone from roku? Well actually their not the greatest to talk to but you can try. 

0 Kudos
Aries
Level 7

I am going to do that tomorrow. I did some trouble shooting tonight. It worked perfect on my vizio, but still not working right on the philips. The heat issue is the only thing I could think, other than incompatibility with the philips.

0 Kudos
Joshua1
Level 8

You may have an older or unsupported Roku device. An unsupported Roku device is one that no longer receives any updates.

The following models that no longer receive any updates are:

• Roku DVP (N1000)
  • Roku SD (N1050)
  • Roku HD (N1100)
  • Roku HD-XR (N1101)
  • Roku HD (2000C)
  • Roku XD (2050X, 2050N)
  • Roku XD (2100X ,2100N)
  • Roku LT (2400X)
  • Roku 2 HD (3000X)
  • Roku 2 XD (3050X)
  • Roku 2 XS (3100X)
  • Roku LT (2450X)
  • Roku HD (2500X)
  • Roku Streaming Stick (3400X, 3420X)
0 Kudos
Kempton
Level 7

The symptom is that in which a television is almost ready for the trash, I know when my sony tv went on me the symptoms were the tv shut down and came back on until one day it just didn't come back on, so based on that we either have old tv's on their way out or the Roku device is on its way out and either way you look at it something is going to need to be replaced. I have accepted that and will replace my Roku device and tv next month and will use the old tv until it dies as a giant monitor.

0 Kudos
gaildux
Level 7

My device restarts frequently on Discovery+. 

0 Kudos
floridabeach33
Level 7

How do you increase the buffer?
0 Kudos
Dcon
Level 7

I have 4 rokus... 1 is in my tv, the others in the basement.. I just got 2 more and both are doing the same thing.. these 2 new ones ask for wifi I get it all set up for disney and Netflix and bam, it factory resets itself... theirs something wrong with this update cause my other 2 are fine.. id return them but I don't have my receipts.. what is going on with this update

0 Kudos
Fed70
Level 7

I had the same problem if is connected to the USB on TV if connected on the wall it is not problem, I assumed the problem is on the tv's USB port not loading enough power for the Roku player

0 Kudos
Fed70
Level 7

Is not a roku problem is the TV that gets connected to, USB ports do not traw enough power, if you plug it to the wall problem gets solve, not all TV's but at least that solved my problem 

0 Kudos
DaveNewsome
Level 7

My ROKU TLC TV freezes up then restarts.  A reboot does not help.  A factory reset does not help.  It is not the cords.   Bottom line-it's cheaply made and lived its very short life.