Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kempton
Level 7

Re: Device keeps restarting

I don't think Roku cares much otherwise they would have addressed this issue and I am positive that it is the Roku device because Comcast came out with a streaming player that they offered one free to customers that used their internet service and I put this on a TV in the children's bedroom and have not had any problems and they watch it all-day

0 Kudos
Krista7
Level 7

Thank you for responding. I messaged them on fb and they read my message over 2 hours ago and no response. I can get my roku to work. So far after it 4 times rebooting it’s been fine since so see how it is later tonight when I go to use it. I really hope they fix it because idk what else to use. For tv I just use Netflix, Disney plus and prime. And unfortunately the generation of lg tv mine doesn’t download apps 😕. It’s really sad to see that they won’t fix this issue. And I do feel that it’s roku because so many others this year are having the same issue. It was working completely fine till this week. So now I’m a bit worried what to do when it completely stops working I won’t have much to watch till I can find another network that has those apps. Someone I know got a roku tv has been fine and now you pay like $90 or something for a lifetime thing now and they were really good at helping her out with it. Customer support seems good for setting up but when it comes to issues there’s no one to help. 

0 Kudos
Kempton
Level 7

Hi Krista7,

You don't download apps to your tv, you log on to Ruku and select everything you want and it will automatically be available on your tv. Pluto is an awesome app that I watch a lot. and beings this is the holidays the Roku devices are selling for about $25.00 at most of your Walmarts and online.

0 Kudos
Aries
Level 7

My Roku Express is doing the same thing! It was just bought in Oct. It doesnt matter what app is brought up, within 5 min of it being booted up it automatically shuts itself off and the remote will not even work after. I have to turn the tv off and back on to get it to boot up. 

0 Kudos
Krista7
Level 7

Unfortunately it ended up being my tv and not the roku. So far it’s been working on my older tv and I’ve had no issues so far. With mine restarting my whole tv kept shutting off so I tried using a DVD and most was doing the same thing so maybe try that? For awhile I thought it was my roku too but it was my tv itself kept shutting on and off. 

0 Kudos
mikoyagi
Level 7

I changed the power supply and the HDMI cable and it's all working again....  But,,,  my TV is now saying I need to change the HDMI cable to a higher capacity.....   Oh the fun of technology Smiley Happy      I'll have it sorted soon..

0 Kudos
Krista7
Level 7

Oh I know technology can be so frustrating. I dealt with it for a couple weeks till I finally figured it out. I hope it works out for you soon! Have you tried resetting your roku? 

0 Kudos
Aries
Level 7

I am wondering if my issues isnt a compatability one. I had the Roku on my bedroom tv and it worked fine. I moved it to my living room tv and it started acting up. I finally found the time to move it back to the bedroom and have it running now. 

I really hate to move my tvs around, because my living room tv is bigger than the one on my bedroom that I rarely watch. I'm not going to waste the money I paid for roku and the new streaming sites I paid for. 

0 Kudos
Krista7
Level 7

Is the one in your living room an older tv? If so how is it connected? Maybe you need to have it connected to a wall outlet? Not sure if that’s the reason. Hope that helps 

0 Kudos
Aries
Level 7

The Tv in my living room is older, but not as old as the one in my bedroom. I tries plugging it into an outlet, rather than the tv. The same thing happened, Roku shut down but the Tv stayed on. What is confusing me is the time it takes to shut down. Sometimes its as soon as I go to load up a streaming site, other times its 30 min to 2 hours later. A few days ago I listened to music via amazon for almost 3 hours before it shut down.

I also wondered if it could be a heat issue? The philips tv in my LR gets hotter than my Vizio in my BR. 

0 Kudos