Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fherrera89
Level 7

Device cannot find nor connect to wireless

I was watching my tv with Roku express normally last night. Today suddenly it popped up with a message saying that there is not enough power from the USB port to allow my device to work. I changed it to all my different USB ports, I’ve reset the device, and it decided to work. HOWEVER it cannot find my wifi network and it won’t connect to it when I manually enter it. I have used this for two years and haven’t had a problem and suddenly out of nowhere this happens. It’s not my wifi router as I have reset it and the rest of my devices at home work perfectly fine. I have read a couple of articles where people are saying there was an update made to the system and they’re experiencing the same issues. Is there a fix to this? Because I don’t want to have to purchase another express, especially if this is going to happen every time the software is updated. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Device cannot find nor connect to wireless

Power it with the supplied USB AC wall adapter instead of your TV's USB ports.

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos