Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rad57
Level 8

Dec 2020 Ethernet Hard Wired Roku Ultra disconnecting from wirless router intermittently

Roku Ultra hard wired via Ethernet is dropping connection intermittently.

When we could not connect to the Netgear Router (hardiwired too) we replaced with the TP Link Router (brand new loaner from ISP).hard wired and it connected.

Now intermittent drop of wired connection with TP Link. When looking at hard wired connections from TP Link it shows NO Roku, yet, Roku is connected and working.

This trouble started mid-Sept. when we got a 4 GB overage on our cellular. The wifi was dropping we suspected and iphone and ipad was going cellular.

iSP checked all the connections and told me it was NG Router. But, we have this TP LINK showing no connection at times. Download speeds at 82 and 84 when ISP is suppose to provide 100mps.

We have a TiVo and it is hard wired, but, not thru the router.

iMac is hard wired to router and it seems fine.

Bad modem?

Or more Roku firmware **bleep** at Xmas time like last year!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
SorryBuyer
Level 7

Re: Dec 2020 Ethernet Hard Wired Roku Ultra disconnecting from wirless router intermittently

Roku Ultra hard wired via Ethernet is constantly dropping the connected with a 10012 error.  It does this at 99.9% of commercials and when I try to pause the show.  I see from reading all the complaints that this thing is a piece of **bleep** and Roku doesn't care.  The support link only allow pre-sale issues. WTF? This thing is going back and I am going to get something else.  I have a 1 GB internet and I have no issues with any other devices in my home.  One time after it disconnected.  It still showed as active on my router software and would still respond to pings so it was not disconnected.  Poor product and poor service. Do NOT buy.