Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
micdhack
Level 7

DLNA through Wifi Booster not found

I have a TV with Roku media player 4.1 build 1602. It detect my minidlna server over wifi just fine, however, when I connect my wifi booster then roku media player does not find my minidlna server (it doesn't appear in the list). I used my laptop and through Kodi, I can see the dlna server, which means that UPnP is forwarded through the wifi booster. Any idea what's happening? Can I manually add the IP address of the dlna server somehow in roku's media player?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
atc98092
Level 15

Re: DLNA through Wifi Booster not found

Can you manually add a server? No, you can't. My guess is there's something in that booster not set correctly, even though you can see it with the computer. Might look for any settings labeled Multi-cast or other things that relate to routing. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos