Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FrustratedUser9
Level 7

Connection

I am beyond FRUSTRATED! I purchased the  streaming stick +, but apparently the stick will not fit into my HDMI port 1, so I did order the extender so I can solve for the whole HDCP issue. I’m the mean time I moved my Roku express (which was working fine) from my bedroom to the living room. Now the express is unable to connect to my network. I tried resetting the Roku and it is still not working. I can find my network but it won’t connect. I have tried this about 10 times now. Does anyone have any clue on what I need to do here?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
makaiguy
Level 20

Re: Connection

I've found that when I've encountered wifi problems with my Rokus I've normally been able to solve them by restarting the router. After the router comes back up, restart the Roku via Settings > System > System restart (for a Roku TV it's Settings > System > Power > System restart) to start with a clean slate and try to reconnect.

This makes no sense to me and I don't understand why it would work, especially since other wifi devices in the house find the network and connect without issue, but it has worked for me on several occasions.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos