Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Connection

My son has a TCL Roku tv! Internet worked with zero issues for the pass 4 years... now as of 3 days, the WiFi connection is weak and he can’t get on any channels. Due to the connection being weak. The tv has been in the same spot and nothing else has moved in the pass 4 years either. 
how do I get A better Signal ? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Connection

I have heard reports of a solder joint coming loose on the WiFi board on TCL TVs, but it's tough to say. You might try moving your router just a little bit, as the radio waves at these frequencies are quite small and a little move can make a difference.

Something else that might have happened is someone nearby may have added a WiFi point on the same channel near you, and you are now encountering interference. Sometimes a channel change on your router can make a major difference. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

It is connecting to my hotspot on my phone as of right now and my router was moved right next to it with no connection, I’ve been playing around with it for the pass two hrs. And I did A reset and everything 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Right next can actually be too close. Smiley Very Happy But if it's connecting with no issue to a hotspot, that does seem to point to an issue with the router/access point. As I said, a channel change might be of value to try.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos