Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cschmouder

Connection lost in one room only

This is really strange. Turned on Roku last night in family room where we've been using a 3910x for months. No internet connection (wireless). Check other devices in room (iphone, laptop) and wireless connection is fine. We have 4 other roku units in the house. all 4 are working fine. Reset router, reset roku, still won't connect. It will find the wireless network but not connect. Swapped units from family room and bedroom, won't connect in family room but unit that wouldn't connect there, now connects in bedroom. Did the same thing with the unit from the basement. All units are working in other rooms except any roku deviced placed in the family room where we've been watching most of our TV over the last 6 months. Is it possible that something started throwing signal interference? Any help appreciated.

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
boogernose
Roku Guru

Re: Connection lost in one room only

Yes and too much connecting to one wifi especially a 2.4 which Roku uses

can cause problems. They have things called wifi repeaters which can work.

https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Computers-Accessories-Repeaters/zgbs/pc/3015439011

Sometimes moving your router around or a better stronger one......

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
Shea1

I've tried everything and need help.  One TV is not a smart TV, however I've viewed Netflix's. Prime there using the purple stick since purchase.  It's connected to my network, but all I see is the floating Roku sigh and my remote with new batteries, can do nothing..  Can't obtain  help with my model, have viewed every article and am exhausted.  can anyone help? [personal information removed]

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Shea1 

Thanks for the note.

We would recommend checking out the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: Tips for improving the wireless connection to your Roku streaming device

If those steps are unable to help resolve your issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Wolfgrl247

Hi! I am having the same issues with connecting both my Roku express devices. I restarted router and Roku multiple times and I still can’t connect. @RokuDanny-R Can you help? I know that you told the other person to PM you but I don’t know how to do that. I went to your profile and it’s not showing me where I can send a message privately to you. Thanks in advanced. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Wolfgrl247 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

For more information on how to send a private message (PM), visit our Community post here: Welcome to the Community

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Zphor4jc

we are having tje same problem jot sure how to connect w you privately. help

0 Kudos
Tylor0325

@RokuDanny-R 
It’s doing the same thing for me too. I’ve done everything I can find to fix it and nothing has worked. Roku website won’t let me email you either. 

@cschmouder 

what ended up being your solution? I have 5 kids under 6 I need to keep entertained so I need help ASAP! 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hey @Tylor0325

We're here to help!

Could you tell us specifically the issue you're running into and the model number of your Roku device? It can be found in Settings > System > About or at the back of the device itself.

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Gramy2

Our roku express suddenly stopped connecting to our wireless network. I’ve tried two Roku devices in the same room neither works in this room but both work upstairs. The room I’m having issues with is the room with the modem. The device is 36 inches from the modem. Please let me know what to do. 

0 Kudos