Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Connection issues

My Roku just lost connection out of the blue and I can't reconnect it. I use Xfinity hot spot. I don't have my own router. So I use hotel/dorm. It says connect to Roku direct with some numbers and stuff. But it's not in my wifi or wifi-direct. How do I find it?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Connection issues

@Turmoilbreak 

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

Are you trying to connect to a 2.4GHz network and are you aware if your network administrator or ISP made any recent change to the wireless router or network configuration that may have disabled the broadcast? 

If this is the case, you may want to reach out to Comcast support. You can reach them here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/contact-us

If the issue is still unresolved, we would recommend trying to connect to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot to see if you can connect to your device. In the event that you are unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Connection issues

I am having the same issue. My ROKU will connect to my phone hot spot, but will not connect to the xfinity wifi. It shows a good connection, but won't work. I need to sign into xfinity wifi, but there isn't an option because the hot spot isn't a password protected wifi.

0 Kudos