Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dub99
Level 7

Connection Issue

Having an issue connecting Roku to Wifi.  I just moved the stick into a different room and now it will not connect.  I have had this issue before but I can never remember what I did to resolve it.  I know each time it took me forever to find out why it wouldn't connect.  I have a strong Wifi signal and my computer and phone connect to wifi with ease in the same room.  Not sure what to do.  I went through all the resets and still nothing.  

Thanks in advance..

0 Kudos
7 Replies
dgrace
Level 7

Re: Connection Issue

Is the stick now blocked by tv from direct line to router?
"I might be moving to Montana soon..."
FZ
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

What model Roku? Are you using 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz?
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Dub99
Level 7

It just has a wall in between it now but have had it working before in that room. Just can't remember the trick. I've messed with it many times before. And it is a 5.
0 Kudos
Dub99
Level 7

Have great signal when I'm going to choose a network but no wireless connection. Don't understand.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

Might try changing your router to a different channel on 5 GHz. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Dub99
Level 7

How do you do that?
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

Log into your router and look for the wireless settings. Right now your channel selection probably says Auto. You can instead assign a channel. Try a channel above #149. 
Dan
0 Kudos