Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RDG70
Reel Rookie

Connecting tv, roku, and mobile phone personal hotspot

I want to connect my Roku device and tv using my iPhone hotspot. I need to know how to set this up and register the devices; so I receive login credentials. I have tried several passwords, but none of them work. Any help with this?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Connecting tv, roku, and mobile phone personal hotspot

@RDG70 

It's not clear what you're saying the issue is. Obviously you can log in with your Roku account, since that's how you were able to post here. So, I'm not clear what the issue is.

Your phone's hotspot is treated by Roku as any other WiFi connection. It will see it, and you'll enter the password to connect. You control that password, so you should know that. If there an issue with entering the characters? Does your password contain a character that's not on the on-screen keyboard to enter the password?

Or just what is the issue?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Connecting tv, roku, and mobile phone personal hotspot

You set your password for the phone hotspot on the phone itself. Open the Settings app, and the top section contains Personal Hotspot. Touch that and you get the control panel. You have to allow others to join, and the WiFi password is listed there. If it contains something other than letters and numbers, change the password so it only has those.

There's nothing to "register" to use the iPhone hotspot. All they need is the correct password. I'm uncertain how many devices are permitted to connect to it, but online reports are from 3-5 devices. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.