Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting tcl Roku tv to hotspot without remote

How can I connect my tcl Roku tv to my hotspot without a remote. I have the app downloaded but it's useless until I can connect the TV to Mt hotspot. Any ideas on what I can do to navigate my TV to get the settings for network??

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Connecting tcl Roku tv to hotspot without remote

Configure your hotspot to match whatever the last network was that your Roku TV connected to - same SSID/network name and password.  If you can't remember the last network information or you factory reset your TV or it was never connected to a network then there's nothing you can do without a remote unless the TV supports a wired connection.

Even if you set up your hotspot to match the last known network connection and the TV connects to it I think you'll still have a problem.  The last time I tried the app with my Roku device connected to my hotspot it didn't work.  You may need another phone or tablet that's also connected to your hotspot.  It's probably easier to just run to Walmart and pick up a Roku voice remote.  Note that the Roku simple remote will not work with any Roku TV.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos