Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Compatibility issue OLD Roku2XS and Sling TV streaming live service? Please HELP!!!

Jump to solution

I have and Old Roku 2 XS (angry bird edition 2011) and tried using it for SLING TV. It was buffering, processing and doing anything but cooperating to get us Sling working well. I ending up canceling Sling after 5 hours of troubleshooting. And my internet speeds are very GOOD

My question is: Could it be that my Roku is just too old to do the trick? Are the newer Roku's much more advanced for something like Sling? Please HELP! I really appreciate it!  If I need to buy a new Roku, I will do that. I just want to be able to eliminate this concern first. Thanks! Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Compatibility issue OLD Roku2XS and Sling TV streaming live service? Please HELP!!!

Jump to solution

Hi there, 

Thanks for the note. That model of Roku device is one of our older, legacy devices that no longer receives software updates. I would highly recommend checking out our latest products at www.roku.com/products for an improved experience. Newer devices offer more modern internal hardware, which improves overall device performance, load times, etc.

All streaming channels have minimum internet speed requirements for streaming though, so make sure you inquire directly with Sling TV regarding their minimum internet bandwidth requirements, and confirm with your ISP that your home internet plan provides what you need.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with! 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Compatibility issue OLD Roku2XS and Sling TV streaming live service? Please HELP!!!

Jump to solution

Hi there, 

Thanks for the note. That model of Roku device is one of our older, legacy devices that no longer receives software updates. I would highly recommend checking out our latest products at www.roku.com/products for an improved experience. Newer devices offer more modern internal hardware, which improves overall device performance, load times, etc.

All streaming channels have minimum internet speed requirements for streaming though, so make sure you inquire directly with Sling TV regarding their minimum internet bandwidth requirements, and confirm with your ISP that your home internet plan provides what you need.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with! 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos