Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Comcast router/Roku password error anyone else?

Jump to solution

For the past week I have been having trouble connecting my Roku to my wireless Comcast router. I put in the correct password but get an error that the password is incorrect  

last Saturday I tried all of the steps on the Roku website. I reset and restarted everything. I called roku and was on the phone with support for an hour. We reset and restarted everything Again. They told me the problem was Comcast.

Sunday I called Comcast. I was on the phone with him for over three hours. We reset and restarted everything again.  

On Monday Comcast sent a service technician. They tried everything. We reset and restarted everything again. They said the problem is Roku.

on Tuesday Comcast escalated the problem. They wanted me to check the Roku security settings  I couldn’t do that because I can’t find them in any menus  

Wednesday  I called Roku again and went through all the steps again and still no solution they said the problem is Comcast. They couldn’t help me find the security settings  :-( 

i new help!! 

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Comcast router/Roku password error anyone else?

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

It took three weeks and about 10 hours of phone calls. But the result is that an update from Comcast Fried the 2.4 G on my modem. It’s a Comcast modem. And I demanded they come out and bring a new modem to see if that was the problem. And it was.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I'm having the very same problem. I cannot update my Roku software or connect to the internet. I've tried all solutions and suggestions, but nothing works. I too am a Comcast subscriber and I am confident I am using the correct network and password. HELP!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Helpful suggestions are welcomed. 

my phone,

computer

ipad

printer all work. 

its a RoKU problem

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

A Comcast update fried the 2.4 G on my modem. If you have Comcast demand they bring you a new modem to try.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

It took three weeks and about 10 hours of phone calls. But the result is that an update from Comcast Fried the 2.4 G on my modem. It’s a Comcast modem. And I demanded they come out and bring a new modem to see if that was the problem. And it was.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos