Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Th6
Level 7

Chat with agent online about my Roku express not connecting to my wireless network

Is there anyway to chat with someone from Roku support or help online? I have been trying to solve my issue all day and spent about 40min on the phone with my internet provider and they checked everything for me. They said I need to get in touch with the people at Roku to fix my not connecting to the wireless issue. Does anyone know the answer please 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Chat with agent online about my Roku express not connecting to my wireless network

Sorry, but the Express doesn't get chat support.  That's one of the reasons it's so cheap.  If you have a modem/router from Comcast/Xfinity or Cox change the wireless mode from g/n to b/g/n.  If you don't, give us more information about what's happening when you try to connect.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Chat with agent online about my Roku express not connecting to my wireless network

@Th6-

In addition to @renojim 's suggestion --

Your Express operates in the 2.4 GHz wifi band only, not the 5 GHz band.  There have been reports lately of updates to the dual-band routers shutting off the router's 2.4 GHz band, especially with equipment supplied by internet providers.  Users with no access to their router settings have had to contact their provider to get 2.4 GHz turned back on or in some cases have the router replaced with a new one.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.
0 Kudos