Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Th6
Channel Surfer

Chat with agent online about my Roku express not connecting to my wireless network

Is there anyway to chat with someone from Roku support or help online? I have been trying to solve my issue all day and spent about 40min on the phone with my internet provider and they checked everything for me. They said I need to get in touch with the people at Roku to fix my not connecting to the wireless issue. Does anyone know the answer please 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Chat with agent online about my Roku express not connecting to my wireless network

Sorry, but the Express doesn't get chat support.  That's one of the reasons it's so cheap.  If you have a modem/router from Comcast/Xfinity or Cox change the wireless mode from g/n to b/g/n.  If you don't, give us more information about what's happening when you try to connect.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
makaiguy

Re: Chat with agent online about my Roku express not connecting to my wireless network

@Th6-

In addition to @renojim 's suggestion --

Your Express operates in the 2.4 GHz wifi band only, not the 5 GHz band.  There have been reports lately of updates to the dual-band routers shutting off the router's 2.4 GHz band, especially with equipment supplied by internet providers.  Users with no access to their router settings have had to contact their provider to get 2.4 GHz turned back on or in some cases have the router replaced with a new one.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Fireman14

I have a 4230x Roku 3. It will not connect to the wifi at the campground. It shows the network but won’t connect. It works fine with my hotspot and my phone also connects to the network. Is my Roku outdated for this new router that they have? It also works fine with my home wifi. 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@Fireman14 

Does the campground only have one network SSID to connect to.  If they are offering multiple (ie, a 2.4, a 5ghz, and a guest), can you try and connect to one of them.

It really isn't that your device is outdated regarding its ability to connect, it is just likely that their network is configured in a manner not compatible with some Roku requirements.  It is possible another Roku device "may" be able to connect, but doesn't condemn your device.  I have a feeling that if you could manually choose to connect to their 2.4ghz band, your 4230 would likely connect and work.

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Ello2022
Roku Guru

The Roku 3 was released in 2013. So it’s outdated. if it connects to your hotspot and your phone that it means the network connection inside the Roku is good. So it’s something with the network at the campground. But You are definitely benefit from upgrading to a newer Roku. Seems to be something with the campground network not allowing the Roku device to connect

0 Kudos