Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KinKStar
Level 8

Changed modem earlier, have excellent internet, but apps say no internet

I connected Comcast xFi modem hours ago, and have 'excellent' internet on TLC Roku TV, but Hulu and other apps say 'no internet' or 'network error' . . . I have turned off/on numerous times; checked modem connects; and it's all good.  I'm on internet now with laptop AND I can access those apps on my laptop, but not on my TV.  I looked to delete and reinstall apps, but can't do it without an internet connection.  What's going on here and how do I get out of this loop?  

Absolutely no issues with anything earlier, have validated connections with Comcast and modem is good - like I said Roku says connect is 'excellent' but this is maddening! 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
makaiguy
Level 20

Re: Changed modem earlier, have excellent internet, but apps say no internet

Have you tried restarting the device?
Settings > System > System restart
(Or for Roku TV: Settings > System > Power > System restart)

These things are just little special purpose computers. Like their big brothers sometimes you just need to clear things out by restarting them.

If a restart from the menus doesn't do it, try pulling the power plug to the device for a minute or so then plugging it back in.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
KinKStar
Level 8

Yes, of course - as I said in my post, I have restarted modem and/or TV - multiple times!  I've connected TV via cable versus wireless, but it makes no difference, yet I watched TV yesterday - all day, without any issues.  The problem came back at 811pm last night and I've been reading solutions all these hours to find a way to resolve this.  I can watch Hulu or Netflix on my laptop, which means my internet is not the issue, but the TV.  I removed Hulu app, then reinstalled; cleared cache; and just now did a reset without removing settings. Next move is to do a factory reset and lose all my apps and settings.  I bought this TV in July, and now 6 months later it is worthless.  

0 Kudos
remaker
Level 10

Try a network connection reset, outlined at https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.howtogeek.com/671498/how-to-reset-your-rokus-network-connection/amp...

That should clear out the old settings without a factory reset.

0 Kudos