Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jmflg01
Level 7

Change network or reconnect without a Roku remote?

Jump to solution

So we lost our Roku remote and have been using the apps on our phone. However our network name has recently changed and I cannot connect to the Roku through my phone anymore. I have to change the network name on the television however I don’t have a Roku remote. Does anyone know how to do this? Or even if it can’t be done?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Connection with WiFi to roku home screen

Jump to solution

Hi there, 

Thanks for the note. If the details of your wireless network have changed, or your device has become disconnected from your network and you need to go back through setting up your network connection again, you will need your physical Roku remote. The Roku mobile app can only connect to your device once it is connected to the same network as your mobile device. 

If you have lost your remote, or need to purchase a replacement in the US, you can visit our accessories store here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Connection with WiFi to roku home screen

Jump to solution
My roku was working and now it's not. I can see on my roku home screen it's not connected. I know this can be remedied by using a remote; however, mine broke and so I've been using the remote via roku app. Problem is now the roku app cannot find my device even though it's clearly there - so how can I get my roku device connected thru my WiFi WITHOUT a roku remote?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Connection with WiFi to roku home screen

Jump to solution

Hi there, 

Thanks for the note. If the details of your wireless network have changed, or your device has become disconnected from your network and you need to go back through setting up your network connection again, you will need your physical Roku remote. The Roku mobile app can only connect to your device once it is connected to the same network as your mobile device. 

If you have lost your remote, or need to purchase a replacement in the US, you can visit our accessories store here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos