Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mphunt
Level 7

Change Wifi Password without Remote?

So my remote doesn't work and I got a new wifi password and am unable to use the settings button on the remote. How can I change my wifi password w/o the remote?

6 REPLIES 6\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Change Wifi Password without Remote?

@Mphunt 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Have you tried using the free Roku mobile app as a replacement remote control? 

For more information about the Roku mobile app, visit our Support page here: How do I install the Roku® mobile app?

For troubleshooting steps on how to repair your remote, visit our Support page here: How do I resolve problems with my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
kimmiko
Level 7

Plug your roku into your wired internet source. Your modem. So that your connection is wired instead of wireless. Then you can change the password bc it is directly connect to your internet source. Then you can unplug your roku from your modem and make it wireless again.

0 Kudos
SFillds
Level 7

Cannot connect the app tells u cant find device and no device at this ip address

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@SFillds

Thanks for the post.

Is the device that you are using the Roku app and the Roku device using the same wireless network?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Cookheather
Level 7

How do I get roku working on my TV. I need to change password

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @Cookheather,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We'd like to take a closer look to see if there's anything else we can suggest to help.

You would like to connect or enter your password without a Roku remote, is that correct?

We suggest trying to use the free Roku mobile app to work as your remote.

Here's a link to our support page to find out more about the feature: How to install the Roku® mobile app | Official Roku Support

Keep us posted from there if you need additional help.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos