Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Casting from Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge browsers to Roku TV

Jump to solution

I can't cast from Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge browsers. It starts up and gives the "Loading" page on the TV screen but never completes the connection.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Casting from Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge browsers to Roku TV

Jump to solution

Hi there, 

Thanks for reaching out! Roku devices support the use of screen mirroring from Android and Windows devices. You can see more about this feature here: https://support.roku.com/article/208754928-how-do-i-use-screen-mirroring-with-my-android-or-windows-...

If you are trying to use Google's proprietary casting protocol (such as Chromecast), this would not be supported. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Why can I not cast a tab from Chrome on my PC / Laptop

Jump to solution

Google Chrome has a feature for casting ust a tab?  I can use it with my Chromecast, my Play Station, and even my Samsung TV.  However, while the Roku does show up on the list, it says source not supported.

It works if the tab is Youtube, but not (for example) NHL.com.  Again, it does work on other devices, ust not the Roku.

TYIA,

Lefty

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Casting from Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge browsers to Roku TV

Jump to solution

Hi there, 

Thanks for reaching out! Roku devices support the use of screen mirroring from Android and Windows devices. You can see more about this feature here: https://support.roku.com/article/208754928-how-do-i-use-screen-mirroring-with-my-android-or-windows-...

If you are trying to use Google's proprietary casting protocol (such as Chromecast), this would not be supported. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Why can I not cast a tab from Chrome on my PC / Laptop

Jump to solution

Indeed, I have the same problem, casting from Google chrome is possible if the site you visite is Youtube, but nothing else... very strange. When I first used the device, in september 2019, I was able to cast, not only screen mirroring from my android device, that's suddenly also not possible anymore... this device is not what I hoped it woud be... 

0 Kudos