Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MWDXER
Level 10

Cannot sign in to NBC app

I still have Dish, so adding the NBC should be easy as I have the provider. I have it added on the Firestick with no issues, but it used to work on my Roku Express, but it quit and said I needed to re-sign in. It never finds my account and I even have tried to connect via Google or Facebook. Still it doesn't work. By going to the Firestick, it automatically found my account, I presume through Google and no issues. Any idea why I cannot get it to work with my Roku now? Thanks.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Cannot sign in to NBC app

Thanks for the note. In order to use channels such as this that require TV provider activation, you'll need to follow the activation process on that channel's website. You can see NBC's activation site for their standalone apps here: https://www.nbc.com/apps

From this channel on Roku, you'll need to go into the channel's Settings menu, select 'My Profile', then select 'Link' underneath TV Provider. This will display a code for you to use to activate the channel. Visit the website above, select Roku, and then follow the instructions on-screen to activate the channel on your Roku device. 

Cheers,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
MWDXER
Level 10

Re: Cannot sign in to NBC app

Thanks. This time it worked. However, no live streaming for my location. I guess KGW Portland is not live streaming for NBC. At this time. But at least I was able to finally sign in.
0 Kudos