Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Cannot run any channels, Express says connected to internet

I bought a Roku express plus from Walmart 6 months ago and it worked fine up until a couple of months ago. When I try and click a channel it says could not be run because it could not reinstalled from the network. Please check your network connection and
Try again. The network works just fine. Please tell me what to do to get this unit to work again.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Customer support

@Radiobill1954 wrote:
I bought a Roku express plus from Walmart 6 months ago and it worked fine up until a couple of months ago. When I try and click a channel it says could not be run because it could not reinstalled from the network. Please check your network connection and
Try again. The network works just fine. Please tell me what to do to get this unit to work again.

Need more specific detail about what error you're getting. I follow that the channel you are attempting to use says there's no connection. But what does the Roku show in the Settings/network menu? If it says connected, can you successfully run the Check Connection test? 

If it's saying it isn't connected or can't connect, then try doing a Network Reset in the Advanced System Settings menu. They deletes all saved network setting info, in case something became corrupted. After the reset, try connecting again and let us know if it worked. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

When I do a connection check it tells me that it’s connected and when I try to click an icon any icon it says could not be run because it could not be reinstalled from the network please check your network connection. Also I can’t get to the Roku store
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

So, it's passing the network connection check, but can't reach anything else? Strange. And I'm assuming that everything else on your network is working correctly. 

Are any other channels working, or do they all report the same network connection problem? We may have to wait for @RokuTannerD  to be online tomorrow. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

I tried it twice and made sure that all directions were followed and nothing happened. What do I do now???
0 Kudos
Highlighted

No channels at all are working!!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

I think Tanner or @RokuDanny-R will need to weigh in tomorrow. Sorry I can't think of anything else at this time.

Dan
0 Kudos
Highlighted

I will wait for Tanner d to get the answer. Many thanks for your help and time today. I’m very grateful.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

After reading other posts it’s clear that there’s a Roku problem,in September everything was working fantastic then kaput. I was going to give Roku for Christmas but my store is out of stock and those getting it for Christmas WILL BE Disgusted when it doesn’t work.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Did this ever get figured out? No channels are working but when I run a connection test the connection is good. I’ve even switched between 2 networks just to check. 

0 Kudos