Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jpc
Level 7

Cannot remove network password

Jump to solution

We have a household wireless router that the Roku usually connects to. I also have a 4G hotspot that is supposed to be reserved for work use. Someone entered the hotspot network and password into the Roku network settings, and though I can switch back to the household network, I can't remove the information for the hotspot network. When I go to Settings>Network>Set Up Connection>Name of Network and hit "clear password" it clears it, but the next time I check the hotspot network the old, correct password is back in place. Same if I try typing a new, incorrect password in - it fails to connect (of course) but then when we check again the old password has been restored. I'm afraid that anytime we have trouble with the household network (we live in a rural area in the US so our internet goes out regularly several times a week) it will automatically switch to the hotspot network and use all the data allotment before we realize it. How can I either get it to stop seeing this network or else remove the password so it can't log in?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jpc
Level 7

Re: Cannot remove network password

Jump to solution

Exactly what I was looking for! Thank you!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Try Settings->System->Advanced system settings->Network connection reset.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
jpc
Level 7

Jump to solution

Exactly what I was looking for! Thank you!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos