Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Candt
Reel Rookie

Re: Cannot reconnect to Wi-Fi network

Talked with provider. They got it so I  can connect but it keeps cutting out. Not watchable.

Do not know if it is the campground WiFi or roku. 
Frustrating!

0 Kudos
SBrad
Reel Rookie

Same issue. I use Spectrum. My Roku Stick is working but my other Roku device is not. Both are connected to Vizio TVs. I've done all the trouble shooting available - restarting router/modem, restarting devices, removing/reattaching all the wires to the ROKU. All my other home devices are working. This was working two days ago - suddenly today will not connect to the internet. Did all the removing passwords and network, and resetting, etc. It flickers and turns on/off with the remote but no matter what I try, it says the WiFi strength is good (the device is literally 3 ft from the router), but no internet connection. Not sure if the device has suddenly expired or if there is some other issue.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@SBrad

Thanks for the post.

Can you provide more information about the other device that you are experiencing an issue with? What Roku model device is it?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SBrad
Reel Rookie

Thank you! I reached out to Spectrum to see if there was a problem with my equipment or connection or a possible outage. Everything checked out. So I totally unplugged the device again. Two hours later Spectrum reported an outage. I plugged everything back in the next morning and it connected and worked just fine. So I will add this to my things to try if it happens again. For now all is working great! It may be that all of this is coincidental behavior but it isn’t the first time I have had issues with a connected device and later Spectrum announces an outage and suddenly all is well. It’s a complicated world. Thank you for reaching out. I was going to update this today. 

0 Kudos
TimPipes

Just started experiencing the same issue.  Roku connected....but performance was horrible.  Rebooted Roku and my Modem.  Roku lost the wifi connection.  Password was cached.  Tried reconnecting, no success.  Rebooted again.  Deleted cached password and manually entered password.   Would not connect.  Phone and laptop are connected to same wifi router so I know the router is good.  Grabbed spare Roku device, plugged in and immediately connected to same router.  Do these devices go bad?

0 Kudos
SBrad
Reel Rookie

My situation was similar - one ROKU on the same network was working (as were all other devices), but the other ROKU would not connect. I completely unplugged the nonworking one after trying everything. I left it off overnight but also contacted Spectrum (my internet provider) and asked them if there was any kind of outage or other issue. The assured me there wasn't and we ran some tests and my internet connectivity was fine. Later that night I received a notice from Spectrum that I was in an outage! I never lost connectivity to anything but that one ROKU device - so I suspect it was something other than an outage and likely was something they needed to update on their side. Next morning, I plugged that device back in, it came up like a charm and no problems since. So, long story short, check with your internet service provider to be sure they are not having issues with something. Honestly, I have never had a ROKU device actually die (have had about five devices since they initially started up). I HAVE had them deprecate to the point they would no longer work with a particular television or other device. Good luck!

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @christinescoms

Thanks for the post.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern? What's the model number of your Roku device? It can be found by navigating to Settings > System > About

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
ohsusiek
Reel Rookie

We replaced modem and router, and now our two Roku Express devices won't connect to wifi, even though all other devices with same password do (just like the original poster).  The Roku Express box and Roku website says this is dual band (2.4 GHz/5 GHz)?  We have mediacom internet, and when we called them, they said the problem must be with Roku, which I doubt. Any advice? Thanks.

0 Kudos
ohsusiek
Reel Rookie

@AvsGunnar  We replaced modem and router, and now our two Roku Express (3900 series) devices won't connect to wifi, even though all other devices with same password do (just like the original poster). The Roku Express box and Roku website says this device is dual band (2.4 GHz/5 GHz)? We have mediacom internet, and when we called tech support, they said the problem must be with Roku.  (It should be noted that whenever we call tech support, they barely speak English, so it's hard to understand them.)  Any advice? Thanks!

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@ohsusiek 

Can you verify the model number through Settings/System/About for your Roku Express devices?

If you have the Express 3960, then those are dual band (2.4ghz and 5ghz capable).  Otherwise, all other models of the Express in the 3900 series lineup are going to be 2.4ghz only.

Also, what router model number are you currently using with Mediacom?

Finally, do you have a mobile hotspot available to you that allows you to check if these devices can at least connect to that?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos