Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: How to airplay and screen mirror on Roku Express 4K

@scape_scapes_

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your concerns and the information you have provided to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
angelwolf71885
Binge Watcher

Re: How to airplay and screen mirror on Roku Express 4K

Im on a Roku 2 4200 and im haveing the same issue a black screen when i try to access airplay im on 10.5.0 build 4174-04

ive restarted my roku and iPhone several times

everything with AirPlay worked fine a week ago now it’s broken any fix would be appreciated 

Roku 2 4210
Rajat16
Reel Rookie

Cannot find Roku Express 4K for screen mirroring on any device.

Just bought Roku Express 4K. Tried screen mirroring on both my Wi dows laptop and Android phone. Have tried all suggested tricks on the forums but still cannot find it for screen mirroring on any device.

#rokuexpress4k 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Cannot find Roku Express 4K for screen mirroring on any device.

@Rajat16 

Have you looked at Roku's Support Article "How Do I Use Screen Mirroring with My Android or Windows Device " located at https://support.roku.com/article/208754928.

Basically the configuration as stated in the above article is under Settings..System...Screen Mirroring.

Post back with more detail if still having trouble.  What exactly have you tried and what exactly are you trying to do, etc. including the steps you are using.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Rajat16
Reel Rookie

Hello, I have gone to the Roku device Settings>System>Screen Mirroring>set Screen Mirror Mode to 'Always allow' and Enabled 'Device Connect' in Advanced system settings. Still I am unable to discover Roku device in Windows or Android Screen mirror list.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@Rajat16 

You may have to try a few different Play Store Android apps for the mirror feature to work correctly.  Even the Android Apps that I use to cast streaming content to the Roku, including Web Video Cast, Rokify, and Castify do not screen mirror properly for me, even though an option. (Normally a box appears in the App that says no devices found).  They Cast content great, but do not mirror. (I think they are trying to use the Cast function in order to mirror, but not supported on all Androids.)

If you want to try an Android App that does mirror correctly, then try Screen Mirroring for Roku by 2kit Consulting version 1.19.21.  The free version makes you watch an ad here and there, but it is good for testing and maybe you will decide to purchase (I think $5 but not sure), if it suits your needs.  I do not regularly do a lot of wireless mirroring, but just verified that this App did mirror properly on my Ultra.  Normally I use an HDMI cable from my devices to the TV directly for any mirroring needs. (Basically extended desktop mode in a nutshell.)

I really do not use Windows anymore, except for win7 now and then, so not much help there.  Maybe someone else from the Roku community can assist with that one. Perhaps @atc98092 has some insight a to the settings needed.  I think those with win10 experience problems now and then with mirroring properly.

Wish I could be of more help.

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
atc98092

@Rajat16 your issue sounds more like a network setting. For the Roku to be visible by other devices, the network WiFi must be able to see other devices on the network. Some routers come with this ability blocked, in the name of security. Different brands label it differently, so I can't say precisely what setting needs to be changed. But it should be labeled as allowing wireless devices to see other devices on the network. If you're using what many router label as a "guest" network,  that is almost assuredly turned on.

I haven't had an Android phone for about four years, but I could mirror the screen to my Ultra without a problem. But I had full control of the network settings, so no issues there. For Windows 10, I've only been able to screen mirror from a laptop. None of my desktops are capable of projecting to another device. I believe Windows requires a wireless adapter on the computer, even if it's using an Ethernet connection. The Miracast function isn't enabled unless WiFi is available. But my laptop projects to the Ultra just fine, and while the laptop is using WiFi, the Roku is hard wired, so they don't have to be on WiFi for it to work.

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Momamba

Black screen when screen mirroring since 10.5.0 update

So I've noticed since the update to 10.5.0 when I try to screen mirror from my samsung s10e phone to my tcl rokutv I get audio and a black screen. Have tried forgetting my streaming device and setting it up again, restarting both my phone and the TV, restarting my router, both connected to the same network and everything. Is anyone else experiencing this, and what can be done to fix this? It was working perfectly for the longest time and now I just get a black screen with audio. Other apps like Netflix work fine

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Re: How to airplay and screen mirror on Roku Express 4K

@angelwolf71885 

Thanks for the post and providing us with your information.

I have passed the details along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Fladavpam

Airplay video not working

Airplay  doesn’t show video (but does transfer audio) from iPhone 12 to my Roku Ultra. Both devices have the latest updates, and both devices have been restarted. This only began after the latest iOS update to iOS 15.

any ideas?

0 Kudos