Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cbourne
Level 7

Cannot connect to the internet

I have 3 Roku Express boxes one, of which suddenly cant connect to the WiFi.  The one playing up is the closest to the wireless router and the other two are working fine, i have done a reset of the box in question but still no luck. all three boxes are about 3 months old. Really disappointed that there is no way to access tech support.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Cshel
Level 7

Re: Cannot connect to the internet

I have 2 roku express that i purchased at the same time about 3 months ago. One of them suddenly began having problems connecting to internet. Ive restarted it which didnt resolve it. I exchanged places with the other unit that is working fine. That unit continued to work fine and the unit with problems had same problem in new location. So i know its not my internet or wireless router. Has to be the roku device. I went to roku site, explained problem and requested an exchange. Got a form email that my request is being evaluated. Cant find a number to call to actually talk to someone. Very disappointed with roku. 

0 Kudos
1zodiac
Level 10

maybe to close to wifi?

move it farther away or test on one of the other tv's to confirm/rule it out.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Cshel @cbourne 

Thanks for the inquiry.

I would recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

If you could answer the following so I can get a better understanding of what you are seeing:
- Have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to? The Roku Express is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. 
- Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect? 
- Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if you can get connected? 
- How long have you been experiencing this problem?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
areaves
Level 7

I’ve had 2 Roku devices for 3 months - Very disappointed! 3 days ago  My Roku Premier+ in my living room started saying Not Connected - it is RIGHT beside the router. The tv is connected to the internet and works fine. Today the Roku in my bedroom says the same thing!  My internet is working and I have a strong connection and I find it HIGHLY suspicious that the only devices that won’t work are my Roku devices!  I cannot get anyone to speak with me to help.  I am REALLY regretting purchasing these but I had heard such good things about them. What can I do?  

0 Kudos