Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jechandler

Cannot connect to Internet

We have been at this for hours. Everything was working fine yesterday. Now we cannot connect to our wireless internet. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? We are beyond frustrated. 

46 REPLIES 46
Janelle2
Channel Surfer

Re: Cannot connect to Internet

I’m having the same issue! Any luck on your end? 

0 Kudos
R0kuStinks
Channel Surfer

Glad to see I'm not the only one going crazy here. I spent hours myself trying to restart my router countless times and then trying to connect to wifi. I even did factory reset for my roku express thinking that may help solve the issue. The device recognizes the wifi however won't connect to it with error code 014.30 on top right hand corner of the window. I have tried connecting while being fairly close with the router to maybe a 3 feet away , and nothing has worked. On top Roku only offers customer support for "New device setup." Had I known Roku has so little faith in their own devices that they wouldn't even offer customer support for their existing product customers, would have never bought it. I hope anyone considering buying a roku device sees this message before someone in Customer support or public relations sees it, and realize that all roku is interested in is getting money coughed from your pocket. Once they have your money, they will not give two cents about their product being **bleep**ty or their customers going down a **bleep** hole of trying to fix roku's product. 

Janelle2
Channel Surfer

You’re definitely NOT the only one. I’m still having the same issue since yesterday! 

Kac111999

Ugh me too and it’s only with Roku my WiFi works perfectly fine with my computers and my phone.

Janelle2
Channel Surfer

Same. & it’s irritating! 

0 Kudos
R0kuStinks
Channel Surfer

So apparently, Roku can only connect to 2.4GHz frequency of your wifi and not the 5.0. I was having the same issue where the day before my Roku express was working fine, and the next day it wouldn't connect to wifi at all. I even did factory reset for the device, and that still didn't solve the issue. Make sure your wifi is split into two separate frequencies (Mine was not and apparently my router was automatically deciding which device connected to which frequency. I had to call my ISP to separate the two so when you try to connect to wifi, you will see two options with your network name, one with 2.4 in the name and other with 5 or 5.0 in the name.) After separating my two wifi frequencies, and connecting to 2.4 GHz wifi, it seemed to have connected fine. Now all I have to do is re-register my device, and log into all my streaming accounts again. Sigh! Hopefully ya'll dont have to factory reset and are able to connect without that step.

Mike_R1
Binge Watcher

First noticed the problem today when I was unable to cast from my phone to my Roku Express+, then noticed that the Roku device kept reverting to "not connected". Sometimes, after several tries to connect, it WILL finally connect, but if I check the connection it will give me Error Code 014.30 and will go back to no connection. Googling the error code tells me that the likely culprit is a weak wifi signal, so I did a speed test and found that my wifi signal is excellent. So, excellent wifi signal, and the dvice is at most fifteen feet away from the router with no obstructions. Like others here, I've reset both my router and Roku device countless times with no success.

@R0kuStinks 

Thanks for the advice, but I did this and it still won't connect. I went into my router settings and separated the signals, and then connected the Roku device and my phone to the 2.4 signal. Still couldn't cast to the device, and the Roku device keeps going back to "not connected".

Mike_R1
Binge Watcher

Found some advice re: 014.30 error even though you have a strong wifi signal, and while so far my roku device seems to stay connected (though others in the thread where I found it say their devices later went back to disconnected), I still can't cast from my phone to the device.

https://community.roku.com/t5/Network-Wireless-Wired-Connections/Error-code-14-30-But-Internet-Conne...

0 Kudos
Pamazon45

I too have an issue connecting to the internet/Wifi.  4 hours ago it connected just fine.  I disconnected the equipment to relocate and after reconnecting everything, I get no connection on the Roku.  I have repeatedly gone thru all of the steps. - restart router, restart Roku, re-enter password for wifi. Nothing works.  All of my other devices have no problem connecting to the wifi. iPhone, iPad, computer, Alexa.  This is a Roku Express.  Again, worked just fine 4 hours ago.  HELP!