Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
metrov
Level 7

Cannot Connect

I've used our Roku Express for about a year and a half now. Suddenly, one night, the Roku decides it cannot connect to the internet. I've tried everything, including all the trouble-shooting tips--nothing works. Roku says I'm not eligible for customer support, but does not say why, nor does the site say "how" to get support. I'm wondering if my device has simply died. Has anyone had similar experience? Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Cannot Connect

@metrov 

Thanks for the note here. Sorry to hear about the issue you're running into!

Try giving these tips a shot to see if this helps get you connected once more: 

https://support.roku.com/article/213122277-tips-for-improving-the-wireless-connection-to-your-roku-s...

If those still aren't helping clear up the issue, please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your device from Settings>System>About and I'll get you in touch with our support team for more help. 

Thanks! 
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
metrov
Level 7

Re: Cannot Connect

Tanner, I just now found your reply. (didn't get email notification). Thanks so much. I just turned on Roku to try your recommended fixes, and suddenly it's working perfectly. I have no idea what's going on, but for the last two months or so, the Roku sometimes works, and sometimes doesn't. Never did that before. Not sure if it's a hardware issue, or my cable co. Anyway, I'll be back if it fails again. Thanks again. Metrov
0 Kudos