Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gpakieser

Can't update software error 003

I changed out my router and had a lot of trouble with Roku streaming sticks (3).  I entered my new network and password, but kept getting the error 003 " cannot update software"  Tried all the posted ways to fix it with no results.  Roku chat support could not help only saying they knew there was a problem.  It took some time, but I found the fix.  Go into your Roku account and delete the device (s, I had 3 streaming stick) and set up each one as a new one.  Problem solved and all 3 TVs are back online.   

4 REPLIES 4
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can't update software error 003

@gpakieser wrote:

It took some time, but I found the fix.  Go into your Roku account and delete the device (s, I had 3 streaming stick) and set each one as a new one.  Problem solved and all 3 TVs are back online.   

Nice out of the box thinking.  Congratulations and thanks for sharing.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
seabreez11

Thanks for the information as I also changed out my gateway/router and now getting error 003!

Roku should have a better way to update connections than to insist you refresh your account(s) online manually.  Will try this as all my other internet devices are connecting to my private network except Roku devices.

0 Kudos
Japca

No puedo conectar mi dispositivo, ya que me aparece que no se puede actualizar el software ayuda, alguien que sepa?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Japca

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that the Roku Community only supports the English language and we had to use Google Translate to understand your inquiry.

Can you please provide more specific details about the issue you are experiencing?

For more information about updating your Roku device, visit our Support page here: 
Update the software on your streaming devices
Software not updating on a streaming device

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos