Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Can't select a wireless network

I can find the wireless network that I want to connect to and the signal strength is excellent. But, I can't seem to select that network. It is highlighted, but my only options seem to be the left arrow on my remote which takes me back to the language screen or the up arrow which shows additional wireless networks. The "Ok" button doesn't seem to work and no other buttons on the remote will select the network that is highlighted. I get no prompt to enter my network's password. My device is a Roku Streaming Stick 3800.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Can't select a wireless network

@dwcummings 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried to factory reset your Roku device to see if that resolves the issue you are experiencing? For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

My roku is not recognizing my home wifi network. My phone and laptop can connect from the same location as the roku but the roku can't find it. I did a power reset of the roku and that didn't help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

What's the model number of the Roku?  Is your Wi-Fi 2.4GHz or 5GHz (or both)?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

A factory reset didn't resolve the issue. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

It is a Roku Streaming Stick 3800R. I have both available. The Roku recognizes both and the signal strength for both is excellent. My issue is that I cannot select either. Once highlighted, I assume that one would click "Ok" to select that network and to be presented with a popup for entering a password. But, the "Ok" button does nothing. I am thinking that I have a bad remote.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

It sounds like a bad remote, but it isn't possible to get that far without having to press OK at some point, is it?  Try taking out the batteries and putting them back in when it doesn't respond.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

My remote is working fine, the network just isn't showing up. I tried typing in the ssid under 'private network' but it still couldn't find it.

0 Kudos