Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dgifford
Reel Rookie

Can’t run channel help nothing is working

I am so confused.  I have tried ever fix that was posted and I still have no resolution. The last one I tried to delete apps but when I clicked on the app it said I wasn’t connected to the internet but when I checked my connect it says excellent.  I took the roku out of my bedroom tv and plugged it into the living room tv and it works fine. Please help me.  I cannot figure this out and cannot reach customer service.  Do I need to go buy another one? This is model 3811 and the one from my bedroom is the laser model.  I have only had this a few months.  Please help me?! 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Can’t run channel help nothing is working

Hi @Dgifford

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels installed on your Roku device? If multiple apps are affected, please name us a few. Also, how are you powering your Roku? Is it connected to the USB port of the TV or to a wall outlet? 

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Dgifford
Reel Rookie

It is plugged into my tv and it affects all of the apps. Netflix, Hulu, Paramount Peacock. (Those for sure bc they are most often used apps). I did test all the apps I just can’t remember the names of them right now.  Thank you so much for helping me.  I will be home in about an hour if you need me to test something.  

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@Dgifford

Appreciate the reply.

Please be advised that the USB power provided by the TV is not sufficient to power the device. Even though your Roku device may appear to be working, running with insufficient power can lead to instability, crashing, and other unpredictable behavior.

Using the included power cord and power adapter, we suggest plugging your Roku into a working power outlet in the wall. Powering it through a power outlet in the wall has the additional advantage that your Roku player will not need to power up every time you turn on your TV.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos