Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JLSutton
Level 7

Can’t get roku to connect to my home wireless internet but it will connect to my phone hotspot?

My roku has been working fine for about a month but the last couple of days it refuses to connect to my internet? I have tried resetting router and roku, unplugging, switching cords, everything. Strangely enough it will connect to my mobile hotspot? I have 3 other roku devices in other rooms that are working fine and connected to the same internet? This is the roku that is closest to the router and the signal is showing strong it just refuses to connect. Anyone know how I can fix? 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can’t get roku to connect to my home wireless internet but it will connect to my phone hotspot?

@JLSutton wrote:

My roku has been working fine for about a month but the last couple of days it refuses to connect to my internet? I have tried resetting router and roku, unplugging, switching cords, everything. Strangely enough it will connect to my mobile hotspot? I have 3 other roku devices in other rooms that are working fine and connected to the same internet? This is the roku that is closest to the router and the signal is showing strong it just refuses to connect. Anyone know how I can fix? 

Have you tried Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Network connection reset ?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.
0 Kudos
mmortal03
Level 10

Re: Can’t get roku to connect to my home wireless internet but it will connect to my phone hotspot?

@JLSutton wrote:

Same thing was happening to me. What is your router model?

0 Kudos